We would like to thank everyone for the interest shown in the proposals. We thought you would be interested in an update to the proposals and we have produced a new image of how the site will appear.
• We are now exploring the tenure of the 53 apartments. There will be a mixture of London Affordable Rent, Shared Ownership and sale on the open market to help fund the council’s overall commitment to genuinely affordable housing. We know from your feedback that delivering the highest possible amount of affordable housing is very important.
• There will be 30 one-bedroom properties, 22 two-bedroom properties and one three-bedroom property.
• The access to the site will now be two-way rather than one-way, ensuring ease of access to the shops that will be on the ground floor.
• 39 parking spaces will be retained for public use, of which six will be parking spaces reserved for Blue Badge holders. 21 of the spaces will be located at Dean Gardens and 18 will be located at Maitland Yard Car Park.
• We have improved the pathways for entrance and exit to the new buildings.
• We have improved the landscaping and green spaces around the new buildings in line with the vision for the West Ealing Living Neighbourhood project.
• We will be seeking PassivHaus accreditation, a comparable standard to zero net carbon buildings.
We welcome any further comments on the plans – let us have your views. This section of the consultation will conclude at midday on Wednesday 2 September.